The new E-visa and E-tourist card website is available since April, 15, 2019.
Information for the conventional tourist card until 18th October 2019, in the Netherlands.
- What are the differences between the Tourist card and a visa?
The Tourist card can only be used for 1 (one) entry. The Tourist card is a single card. No application form or picture is required. For the procedure and conditions go to “E”.
Note: The Tourist card is solely intended for the purpose of tourism
- Is a visa no longer needed (abolished) with the introduction of the Tourist card?
Not exactly, the visa requirement has not been lifted. The entry has been facilitated for the nationals as mentioned in D
- Can I still apply for a tourist visa for 2 months, three (3) year visa or a business visa?
Yes, you can still apply for a visa. The visa will be placed in your passport. In the Netherlands, it can only be obtained at the Consulate in Amsterdam.
Note: the visa application procedure and visa fees remain unchanged (link to info visa )
- Who qualifies for the Tourist card?
Foreigners of Surinamese origin – irrespective of the nationality – provided that they meet there requirements
Nationals of the following countries:
7. Costa Rica
10. Dominicaanse Republiek
13. El Salvador
40. Servie (voor verblijfeen bezoek van langer dan 30 dagen)
49. Verenigd Koninkrijk van
50. Verenigde Staten van Amerika
Source:S.B. 2013 no. 40 – Beschikking van de Minister van Buitenlandse Zaken van de Republiek Suriname 14 februari 2013 no. 1762, inzake nadere wijziging op de Visuminstructie 1983 (S.B. 1983 no. 68, zoals laatstelijk gewijzigd bij S.B. 2012 no. 39)
Persons of non Surinamese origin holding a passport of a country different than the ones mentioned above, who are in the possession of a valid Dutch residence permit (long-term stay) in the Netherlands do not qualify for the Tourist card. A visa may be applied for (link to info visa)
- What do I need to purchase a Tourist card?
You may purchase the tourist card as soon as you have your flight tickets. It can be obtained well in advance.
To obtain the Tourist card, you need to submit
� a valid passport (at least 6 months validity upon arrival in Suriname)
� a return flight ticket (or tickets(s) of the final destination) Please present a copy (not electronic) of your ticket(s)
� Additional documents for example in case of:
� Surinamese origin to be proved (click here)
� Travelling with a minor; Required documents confirming parenthood/legal guardianship (click here)
- Where can I obtain the Tourist card?
The Tourist card can be obtained at the following locations, namely:
- (Until 18th October, 2019) At the Visa department of the Consulate General of the Republic of Suriname in Amsterdam,
Monday through Friday. Please consult www.consulaatsuriname.nl
– (to be confirmed Until 15th October, 2019) Other Diplomatic and Consular Missions of the Republic of Suriname abroad
- (Until the 18th October, 2019) At the �Tourist card counters� at Schiphol Airport (see location)
Opening hours: The Tourist card counters will be open for SLM and KLM flights to Suriname to provide services during at least 2 (two) hours of the respective check-in times.
De opening hours are weekly updated (see the link on the homepage of our website www.consulaatsuriname.nl)
Location: the Tourist card counters are easy to reach through Departure hall 3, corridor streetside, between entrace B and C.
Contact: Tel. 020-548 1729 (0,22 cent per minute). Only in emergencies. For information please call: 020-622 6717/642 6137
- (to be confirmed No longer possible since 1 August, 2019) Upon arrival at the Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport in Suriname
Payment in cash only (exact money).
- (to be confirmedClosing date ?) For Surinam Airways (SLM) customers at SLM ticketsales offices
- (To be confirmedClosed)Dependance of the Consulate of Suriname in St. Laurent, French-Guyana (for opening hours and other information phone/fax: 00594 594 34 49 68).
- (to be confirmedClosing date ?)The Canawaima managment office at South Drain, Nw. Nickerie (for opening hours and other information phone.: (00597) 212-331 of fax. (00597) 212-333
- How much does the Tourist card cost?
The costs for the Tourist card are (as of 15 March, 2018) 35 euro in Europe (elsewhere also 40US$)
- Can a family member or friend buy the Tourist card for me?
Yes, it is possible providing that the following is submitted
– your valid passport
– a return flight ticket in your name
– other additional documents which may be required (see G.)
Travel agents and tour operators registrered with the Consulate in Amsterdam may purchase the tourist card at the Consulate of Suriname in Amsterdam on behalf of their clients (as of 1 September, 2015).
The Tourist card cannot be obtained by the individual visitor through (registered)mail/post.
- What is the validity of the Tourist card and can I use it for multiple entries?
The Tourist card is valid for 1 (one) entry. After arrival the card is no longer valid. A (maximum) stay will be permitted in Suriname.
For a next entry into Suriname, one needs to obtain a new Tourist card. The requirements as mentioned above are applicable.
- How long can I stay in Suriname with a Tourist card?
Persons of Surinamese origin will be permitted a stay of max. 6 (six) months.
Foreigners of non-Surinamese origin are allowed to stay in Suriname for a max of 90* (ninety) days. Upon arrival the Immigration will place a stamp for a �Short stay� of 30 days. If the visitor wishes to stay in Suriname longer than 30 days, he/she has to report to the Immigration Dept. (Ministry of Justice and Police) with passport and ticket for an extension of the period of stay (to a max. of 90 days).
- Visitors of Surinamese origin who wish to stay in Suriname longer than 6 (six) months, should apply for a residence permit. For information www.juspolsuriname.org.
- Visitors of non-Surinamese origin who wish to stay in Suriname longer than 90 (ninety) days, should apply for an Authorization for Temporary stay (�MKV�). They are not allowed to enter Suriname on a Tourist card ( link to MKV-requirements)
- Address: Immigration Office/Registration of Foreigners
Mr. J.Lachmonstraat 166-168 Paramaribo
- Can I buy 2 (two) cards at once for a second entry?
No, it is not possible to buy more than one Tourist card per person.
- Is there something special needed to purchase a Tourist card for my child(ren).
Yes, (see G. above) for each child (minor up to 17 years) a Tourist card can be bought with the passport, the return flight ticket and the required documents proving parenthood/legal guardianship.
- FAQ read more…….
� The Tourist card is also your receipt. If you should pay by bankcard, you will receive a voucher.
� Should you lose your Tourist card before travelling, you will be required to buy a new one
� French-Guyanese citizens are not allowed to travel in transit through Suriname, using a Tourist card.
� For countries without a visa requirement for Suriname, a Tourist card is not necessary. The Tourist card is introduced on 25th November 2011
� As of 25th November 2011 the Consulate of Suriname will no longer provide emergency visa services at the office at the De Cuserstraat # 11 in the weekend.